SilkTest 2006 R2: Not able to record testcases using IE 7

Recently I started to learn silktest, I was trying to capture the framework of my application using IE 7.0 I was stuck with the problem of silktest recognizing my web based application as a .exe application. I downgraded my IE to 6.0, enabled the extensions using extension handler-which is the extension handler for the system level, and also the extensions at the project level.

Inspite of this I was not able to rectify this. I then tried using firefox 1.5. It was working as specified.I am still not able to figure it out what the problem was using IE 7. I could uninstall IE7 but, I tried variety of ways to uninstall IE6 but was unsuccessful. It would be awesome if someone out there could tell me how to do it.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *