Paste this exactly to get your MD5 key:
C:Program FilesJavajdk1.6.0_20bin>keytool.exe -list -alias androiddebugkey –
keystore “C:Documents and Settingstest.androiddebug.keystore” -storepass android -keypass android
Also there is a bug in eclipse, where in you will get a greyed out map with only tiles. Use this to correct that:
The solution was to set the “Custom debug keystore” setting (empty by default) to the same value as the “Default debug keystore” in the Eclipse preferences.
1) Open up your project in eclipse.
2) Right click your project and click on option as shown in the picture below:
3) Follow the instructions as shown below to generate a keystore:
4) Use a MD5 tool to retrieve the MD5 signature.
5) Goto http://code.google.com/android/maps-api-signup.html to get your google maps api key.
Note: this signing works only for debug version of the app.